We Pay for the Following Items
- scrap steel and appliances*
- scrap vehicles*+
- light iron/baling scrap
- plate and structural scrap
- #1 heavy melting scrap
- cast iron
- industrial production clips
- turnings and borings
- rail and other track material (With Proper Documentation)
- stainless steel
- nickel alloys
- lead and vehicle batteries
- auto and truck radiators
|Paper and Plastic
- cardboard paper
- office paper
- mixed paper
- vinyl fence and siding
- plastic bottles (PET) - (large quantities)
- stretch wrap - (large quantities)
- high density plastics (HDPE) - (large quantities)
*Federal EPA regulations require the proper
removal of all CFCs and Other Ozone Depleting Substances from small appliances
and motor vehicle air conditioners as well as certification that this action
has taken place prior to their entering the recycling stream.
As a convenience to our customers, for scrap appliances, CSR will pay the customer for the scrap value of the appliance less a refrigerant removal cost.
+ The following requirements must be met before we will accept a scrap motor vehicle:
1) The title must be notarized
2) The gas tank must be removed from the vehicle.
3) All fluids must be drained from the engine and transmission.
4) The trunk must be accesible for inspection.
5) The battery must be removed.
6) All refrigerant must be legally removed from the air conditioning system.
We will purchase the following when they are removed from a vehicle:
- Vehicle batteries
- Mercury Switches - we will accept but do not pay for
- Steel gasoline tanks
|Please contact CSR's scrap buyers for answers to specific questions about
the items that CSR purchases and processes.
|Items CSR Does Not Accept
- Any item containing PCB’s (Polychlorinated Biphenyls) including but not limited to:
- Wet or dry capacitors
- Electrical transformers or transformer components
- Flame retardant plastic
- Tanks unless they have a large inspection hole
- Railroad scrap without proper documentation
- Radioactive materials
- Rubber, wood, and glass
- Propane tanks and cylinders if the valves are NOT removed
or asbestos containing materials such as pipe or I-Beam insulation,
brake shoes or pads, tiles, packing material and debris
- Air bag canisters
reactive metals (i.e., sodium, potassium, and lithium), magnesium
metals (capable of independent combustion), and beryllium metals
- Military scrap of any kind unless it is inspected and approved in advance
- Oils, other petroleum products and petroleum by-products
- Any other hazardous materials, hazardous wastes, or universal waste