*Federal EPA regulations require the proper
removal of all CFCs and Other Ozone Depleting Substances from small appliances
and motor vehicle air conditioners as well as certification that this action
has taken place prior to their entering the recycling stream.
Scrap Resources, Inc. will not accept such items that do not meet this
certification and requirement. CSR does not pay for such items that do
not meet this certification and requirement before those items reach a
CSR facility. As a convenience to our customers, however, CSR does
accept, for a $15 fee paid by the customer, appliances from which the
CFCs have not been evacuated. CSR will then evacuate the CFCs from the
+ The following requirements must be met before we will accept a scrap motor vehicle:
1) The title must be notarized
2) The gas tank must be removed from the vehicle.
3) All fluids must be drained from the engine and transmission.
4) The trunk must be accesible for inspection.
5) The battery must be removed.
6) All refrigerant must be legally removed from the air conditioning system.
** CSR buys scrap paper (newspaper, corrugated, office, and mixed paper) at our Gettysburg and Lebanon yards.