Responsible recycling is what we at CSR are all about.
At CSR we offer expert services to assure that appliances are recycled both responsibly and legally by properly removing environmentally harmful refrigerant gases as required by federal law.
For commercial customers, including retail appliance dealers, municipalities, and trash haulers, CSR offers the following appliance recycling services:
- CSR can arrange to pick up appliances at your location or accept delivery at one of our facilities.
- For appliances that CSR determines can be resold for future use, CSR offers the seller the potential to share in the resale value of the appliance, which can generate a better financial return to the seller than scrapping an appliance.
- For scrapped appliances, CSR safely and legally removes refrigerant. Written certification is available to the seller on request.
- Retailers, waste haulers and municipalities will receive payment for the scrap value of the appliances less the cost of freight-in to a CSR facility (if applicable) and CSR’s cost to remove the refrigerant.
- Please contact CSR for current scrap values, refrigerant removal and hauling costs.
For the general public:
- CSR accepts appliances from the general pubic at its Gettysburg, Harrisburg, Lebanon, and Vander Avenue (York), PA facilities.
- We will pay the customer for the scrap value of the appliance less the refrigerant removal cost.
- Please make sure you contact CSR for current scrap values and refrigerant removal costs. Refrigerant removal costs and scrap values can vary between different CSR facilities.